I know our local taxi service is far from perfect, and there certainly is a LOT of room for improvement. HOWEVER... People are comparing their best experience of Uber to their worst taxi experience. Uber's ups versus taxi's downs. How is that a fair comparison? 95% of the time I've had a positive taxi experience. I've even had (a fair amount of times, mind you) taxi rides that go by meter, and the driver gives me a rounded up discount when we reach my destination. ie: RM52 and he told me RM50 will do. Also, a small tip goes a long way. And you'll see just how far it goes when you get picked up by the same driver who remembers you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all against Uber. It's always better to have fair competition in the market, as it pushes companies to improve on their services, and us as the general public will benefit from it. It's also nice to have more options in a country where public transportation is far from great. The number of cars on the road speaks for itself, as most people prefer to drive themselves around. All I'm saying is, before bashing our Taxi services like they still owe you money; be reminded that Uber also has areas that needs to be looked into before it can be considered as fair competition. Or do we need to have a serious case happen in Malaysia before we realize just how bad it can turn out to be when things go wrong?
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Watched the movie on the 24th June. F*CKING AWESOMENESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!
GO WATCH! GO WATCH!
The cast and crew have reassembled once again to bring us a sequel to the first blockbuster Transformers real life movie!
Despite the many bad reviews for ROTF, I felt this movie still kicked ass, and met mine and i'm sure many other transformers fan's expectations. I think when this movie was created, priority is put to not let down any transformers fans, and it damn sure didn't. Perhaps the bad movie reviews came from people who were not transformers fan; people who watched the movie as just another sci-fi movie and then graded it (of course the storyline isn't GREAT, but its still good! Have you ever watched the cartoons? Its meant to have a simple storyline-good guys always win).
What myself, and probably millions of other transformers fans out there, love about this movie is to watch our childhood cartoons come to LIFE on the big screen! Movie of course features much much more robots than the first movie, small ones, BIG ones, old ones, new ones, new old ones (LoL), but mostly REALLY KICK ASS ONES!
Anyway.... GO WATCH THE MOVIE!
Oh... and if you ARE a Transformers fan, you probably might wanna grab a couple Transformers:ROTF prequel comics that will make you understand the movie better. =) It tells you everything that happened between the first movie, and this movie, and more!
REIGN OF STARSCREAM (5 Comics) This takes off immediate after the first movie. Shows what happened to Starscream. How he went back to Cybertron to become the new ruler of the Decepticon. Why he went back to Earth again. What happened to Barricade. etc etc... pretty important stuff.
TRANSFORMERS ROTF: ALLIANCE (4 Comics) This is the good guy story. Tells immediately what happened AFTER the events of the first movie. Tells how the NEST team was formed. Tells what happened to Sector 7 and Agent Simmons. Tells how the 'new' Autobots from Revenge Of The Fallen movie came to earth... etc etc
TRANSFORMERS ROTF: DEFIANCE (4 Comics) Last but not least, as a matter of fact, the MOST important of all! Not only does Defiance tells us the bad guy's story, but it also tells a lot about the origins of the Transformers!
Also telss you who The Fallen is. How was the Decepticons formed. What is the Decepticon's mission on Earth. Why did The Cube landed on Earth. What other mission does the Decepticons have on Earth. How did the other Transformers ended up on Earth. How did Optimus gain his Prime status (then name Prime is held on by Autobot leaders from generation to generation)... etc etc
I'm definitely going for seconds with this movie... This time in IMAX! Woot woot!
Once you've been tagged, you have to write a post with sixteen random things, habits or goals about you. At last, choose five people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them.
1. This is the 2nd time Gerald did a meme and tagged me without following the correct rules! I had to refer to the rules posted by the person who tagged him. -_-"
2. I still can't decide what colour to paint my car...
3. I'm getting an iphone!
4. I bought over 25 Gundam master grade model kits in the past 1 year or so and am still buying more every time there's a new model out, but i've only completed fixing up only 3 of them so far. haha... no time lah!
5. I used to be a librarian in high school.
6. I resigned my position as assistant head prefect to be a librarian.
7. The main reason I became a prefect/librarian was because I'd have a unique nametag and I could wear long sleeve and a tie to school. YenGZ!
8. I was a librarian for 3+half years, and I have never washed my tie even once! HAHAHAHAHA... (when aileng reads this, she's gonna go OMGWTFFFFFFFFFFFFFBBQ!!!)
9. I love debating. I debated a lot through primary, secondary school and college.
10. My team would've won the college inter-course debate competition if it wasn't for my team mate who accidentally blurted out some foul words. We got disqualified for it. (No Matthew, although I still remember, I never did blame u!)
11. I have a gold medal for Sunway College inter-course basketball competition.
12. I used to play chess A LOT... and was good in it.
13. The last time I touched my Tamiya miniature model was 3 years ago. I was building a pink Ferrari as a surprise for my girlfriend, and then we broke up. The Ferrari is still half-done, sitting in it's box, in my cupboard right now.
14. I learned to speak Cantonese while I was 5 years old. My neighbour would tell me a sentence, I'd run in and ask my mom what it meant, she'd tell me. I'd then tell my mom what I want to reply, my mom will tell me how to say it in Cantonese, and I'd run out to my neighbour to say it. This is how I eventually learned to speak fluently.
15. My sister never learned to speak Cantonese because my nieghbour's elder sister knows how to speak English.
16. I started writing this at 10am in the office, and it is now going to be 7pm... -_-"
I tag... erm... everyone who reads this... why? Coz' lazy to mention specific names...! wahahaha...
This post is specially dedicated to all my Monash Engineering mates!
Yes, I proudly present to you, The Big Bang Theory! (special thanks to Eu Gene, my best buddy, for introducing it to me!)
Its an intelligently humorous series that just BLOWS your mind! It's a MUST WATCH for all of you, especially science/engineering geeks out there!!! **Unfortunately there are quite a lot of science terms and theories being thrown here and there, some jokes might not appear as funny to people who don't really understand the terms.
Its kinda like watching Friends (the series of course!), but instead involves 4 uber nerds and a chick. =)
Watch a clip from it for yourself and decide:
That clip is from Season 1 Episode 1.
Currently the latest is episode would be Season 2 Episode 20.
So needless to say, my room's fridge (and probably everyone else's as well) is fully stocked with joy juice! =)
Even had a bottle of Korean Soju! Not too bad the taste, but a bit too sharp for my liking.
At 19.5% alcohol, doing shots of this hits u right away.
Its my first time consuming Federbrau. Despite the 'changgih' name, its actually a local Thai brewed beer. Tastes not bad. Worth a try. =) First time trying Miller beer too! Been seeing their many advertisements many times, usually while watching sports on ESPN! Oh and wrestling matches too... LoLz... but have never given it a try before until now. =)
Miller beer is pretty good stuff. I do like it. Its goes down pretty smoothly unlike the usual roughness like the effect Tiger has (on me, at least).
But what ONE beer MUST you TRULY TRY out when you come to Phuket?
What is that ONEbeer, you should never leave Phuket without trying??
What ONEbeer is it that if you don't consume, its best you don't say that you've even came to Phuket before?
What is this ONE beer that I am talking about?
It is the one beer that was censored above in order not to spoil this posting!
The ONE beer, that you MUST try when you come to Phuket!
It is... none other than...
Yes, apparently they have PHUKET LAGER BEER here! hahahaha....
Now how could anyone ever possibly leave here without at least having one of these? LoLz....