Friday, September 28, 2007

9th September 2007

Long overdued post.

9th September 1997, my beloved grandmother passed away. This year marked her 10th year death anniversary. A day that will be remembered for the rest of my life.

I still remember like it was yesterday, how I used to spend my time with my Grandma. I've been living with my Grandma all my life until she passed away, thats 17 years. She passed away while I was in form 3 in secondary. I remember staying next to your casket every minute of the way till your burial... even sleeping in the hall with it.

She used to cook lunch for me everyday. We used to watch TV together and chit chat each day away. When i was younger, she used always bring me to Zoo Negara. There's this coffee shop that we always stop by on our way there to have our breakfast, my morning Milo and roti and kaya.
How my sister always used to scare me that there's sharks in the sea (That time watch Jaws, phobiaaa okaaay!), and how my grandmother always comfort me and convince me that my sister is just lying.

How I used to bully my grandmother by fast fast putting a cap on her head (which she dun like) and then fast fast take photo before she took off the cap and then laugh back at it afterwords! hehe... used to do this to waste the film (back in the days digicams don't exist) so can fast fast send to shop to develop them. =p I still got the pics okaaay! Oh how much I've missed your listening to your laughter.

I've had a lot of great moments with my beloved grandma. These memories will live on within my thoughts forever.

Amah, it's been 10 years already just like that. I'm sure you've heard all my prayers as I've never stopped talking to you in my prayers even up till today. I really hope you're up there looking down on all of us, smiling, happy with how we've all grown up and who we've all become.

I miss you.




A Prayer attributed to St. Francis

Lord, make us instruments of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let us sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is discord, union;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.
Grant that we may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home